Individuals with disabilities are capable of working and succeeding in all sectors of the economy, and as the use of Registered ApprenticeshipPrograms expands into new industries, the opportunities for those individuals continue to grow.
Check out the resources below for ideas, tools, and promising practices on helping individuals with disabilities participate and succeed in Registered Apprenticeship Programs.
Apprenticeship Programs Targeting People with Disabilities
Toolkits, Guides, and other Resources
Outreach and Background Materials
Research on What Works
Apprenticeship: A Pipeline for an Inclusive Recovery (National Conference of State Legislatures)
- Using Universal Design for Learning in Apprenticeship
- Funding Inclusive Apprenticeships: Strategies for Braiding, Blending, and Aligning Resources
- Emerging Lessons for Inclusive Apprenticeship Programs: Managing Through the COVID-19 Crisis and Beyond
- Strengthening Supports for People with Disabilities in Pre-Apprenticeships Through Policy, Design, and Practice
- Connecting Ticket to Work and Apprenticeships
Visit the Apprenticeship Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility page for additional resources