The Office of Apprenticeship (OA) has awarded grant funding nationwide to create new apprenticeship opportunities across a wide range of occupations and industry sectors. On this page are links to grant-specific information for each OA-funded initiative. When new opportunities are funded by OA, they will be linked below.
The link in the title points to the grant Resource or Community Page, which provides links to specific tools and resources that have been developed to advance the goals of the grants, such as grants management resources, training materials, and frequently asked questions.
- State Apprenticeship Expansion (SAE) Grants – The SAE Grants were initially awarded in the Fall of 2016. For the information about the awards, click here.
- Apprenticeship State Expansion (ASE) Grants – The ASE were awarded in July 2019. For more information about the awards, click here.
- H-1B Scaling Apprenticeship Through Sector-Based Strategies Grants – The H-1B Scaling Apprenticeship through Sector-Based Strategies (Scaling Apprenticeship) grant program was initially awarded in July 2019 and supports sector-based approaches to expanding apprenticeship on a national scale and increasing apprenticeship opportunities for all Americans. For more information about the awards, see the announcement here.
- H-1B Closing the Skills Gap Grants (CSG) – The H-1B Closing the Skills Gap grant program was initially awarded in Spring of 2020 and supports large-scale expansions of apprenticeship in industries including advanced manufacturing, healthcare, and information technology. The above title will link to the CSG virtual community when it goes live. For more information about the awards, see the press announcement here.
- State Apprenticeship Expansion 2020 (SAE 2020) Grants – The State Apprenticeship Expansion 2020 (SAE 2020) Grants were awarded in July 2020 to support activities focused on strengthening the structures supporting Registered Apprenticeship Programs. The title links to the resource page for the SAE 2020 grants. There you will find tools, resources and technical assistance created to assist grantees in expanding Registered Apprenticeship. For more information about the awards click here.
- Youth Apprenticeship Readiness grants (YARG) – This program initially awarded $42,296,247 in Summer of 2020 to 14 organizations and supports the enrollment of youth, ages 16 to 24, in new or existing Registered Apprenticeship Programs (RAPs). The above title links to the grantee WFGPS community. For more information about the awards, see the press release here.
- State Apprenticeship Expansion, Equity, and Innovation (SAEEI) Grants – The SAEEI grants were awarded in June 2021 to support continued state expansion and system integration efforts, with targeted support for states implementing enhanced diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts. Read the SAEEI grant awards press release here.