Thursday, October 04, 2018 2:00 PM ~ 3:00 PM ET
The Employment and Training Administration (ETA) recently released a set of apprenticeship business engagement tools designed to help you develop and improve your ability to work with employers to expand the use of apprenticeship. During the webinar, participants will receive an overview of the new resources, learn specific skills, and explore how those skills can help address common business engagement challenges. A subsequent web chat on October 9th will allow you to discuss specific challenges with peers and experts and brainstorm solutions. Information on accessing the web chat will be provided to webinar registrants separately.
The webinar will cover the following topics:
- Key mindsets for successful business engagement;
- How to identify businesses with pain points that apprenticeship can address;
- How to translate “apprenticeship-speak” into familiar business language;
- Strategies to help you get from conversation to commitment; and
- Common challenges do business services staff encounter and how these new tools can help you overcome them.
Gina Wells, Consultant, Maher & Maher
Gerry Ghazi, President, Vermont HITEC
Sonya Grant, Chief Operating Officer, Southeast Michigan Community Alliance
Bill Kraus, Georgia State Director, Office of Apprenticeship